Sunday 26 September 2010

Logo Homework


L2 IDENT LEE from cmdiploma on Vimeo.

The toughest situation I came across while working in Photoshop during the logo creation was the layers, by this I mean they got very confusing for me, especially when it came to saving each individual layer then transferring it over to Final Cut, how was I meant to know which layer was which?

I realised this problem when I went to save each layer. I resolved this dilemma by going over each layer to identify what it was, then re-naming the layer so it was clear what the layer is.

During this task working in Final Cut, the most difficult part of it was when I realised my logo clip was too long and dragged on. I had added fade in/outs at the beginning and end, therefore I had to shorten my clips which would then make me lose the fade in/outs, I proceeded with this. Later on when I tried to re-add the fade ins the original ones were still there, but I couldn't see them as I had shortened the clip, which were interfeiring with my whole logo.

I realised this after a while, which I had to then make the clip large so I could see the original fade in, delete it then shorten the clip and re-add the fade ins. From this problem I believe it has been good practice for me adding and removing fade in/outs, I have leant to work with these particular parts well I would say.

Overall with this logo I am most pleased with the main part of it, which was my explosion, visual and my audio which has good timing. The layers come out at you with the sound of a bomb going off. The good timing makes the whole thing look more proffessional, if it was badly out of time, it would be very boring and unproffessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment