Tuesday 16 November 2010

The Bomb Write Up



Task & Planning

We were set a task to film a bomb sequence within the Long Road College. This sequence was our choice what happened but the bomb had to be blown up at the end which would blow up Long Road.

We wrote a storyboard, shot list and decide on camera shot type for each shot. We had to film in two different locations which were the Control room and outside for the agent who was finding the bomb.

Filming & Editing

We filmed all the shots for one location in one go and then filmed the other location after. This would all come together in the editing.

In the editing I did a rough cut of the sequence. Once I had finished doing that I cleared it up as much as I could, making it fit together well. After that to make Long Road blow up I used 'Green Screen' where I used a clip and sound effect and placed it over the ending of the sequence where the bomb blew up. To remove the 'Green' I had to go to the menu 'Effects' > Key > Blue and Green Screen. Then select the clip and go to 'Filters' above the video player within Final Cut. I played around with the settings to remove the outer colour, in this case it was green. To make it more realistic I re-arranged the size and position of the fire by selecting the clip and simply moving it around and using the corners to shrink it within the Final Cut player.

No comments:

Post a Comment